2. Scope of this Policy
- Service Seekers: Any individual, sole proprietorship, partnership, association, syndicate, organization, trust, body corporate, natural person, or any natural person in his or her capacity as estate trustee or other legal representative, whether incorporated or not (hereafter “Person”) who utilizes Choreseek’s Services and Website to seek completion of a job, service, task, or chore.
- Service Providers: Any Person who utilizes Choreseek’s Services and Website to complete a job, service, task, or chore posted by a Service Seeker.
- Users: Any Person who views, browses, utilizes, interacts, or submits information to Choreseek’s Services and Website
Choreseek is the party responsible for the control of your data and the collection of your personal data in connection with Choreseek’s Services and Website. Your consent to Choreseek collecting your personal data is included in the Terms and Conditions of Choreseek’s Website, which is available here: https://c19.choreseek.com/tos
3. Data Collected by Choreseek
Choreseek collects data provided to it by its users during account creation. Choreseek also collects cookies, which allows the server to recall previous requests or registration and/or IP addresses of users to analyze website use and patterns. Choreseek collects data provided to it by its users during the process of completing jobs, services, tasks, and chores, and when users utilize Choreseek’s Services and Website. This includes:
- User Profile: User data collected when users create an account. This may include user’s name, address, age, business name, business address, email, phone number, login name, password, photos, images, profile pictures, payment or banking information, government issued identification including license numbers and images, birthdate, signatures, certifications, qualifications, resume, curriculum vitae, and other information inputted by the user.
- User Content: Choreseek collects information users submit when they contact or interact with other users on the Service and through the Website including, but not limited to, ratings and reviews.
- Usage Data: Choreseek collects data on how users interact with and use Choreseek’s Services and Website. This may include data such as date and time of access, pages viewed, features used, and type of browser or device used to access the Services and Website. Choreseek may collect information about the devices that access to Choreseek’s Services and Website including device IP address, and operating systems and versions.
- Data from Miscellaneous Sources: This includes user feedback, ratings, participation in referral programs, participation in email marketing programs, details on social media accounts, publicly available sources, and marketing service providers.
4. How Choreseek Uses Personal Data
Personal data is collected to ensure a reliable and convenient facilitation of Choreseek’s Services and Website, and to ensure adherence to Choreseek’s Terms and Conditions, which are available here: https://c19.choreseek.com/tos. Choreseek also utilizes your data to provide robust customer support, for research and development, to facilitate communication between users, to assist in the completion of jobs, services, tasks, and chores between users, and to facilitate payment between users for the completion of said jobs, services, tasks, and chores.a. Providing Services and Features
Choreseek uses the data it collects to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve Choreseek’s Services and the Website. This includes using personal data to:
- Create and maintain user accounts
- Verify completion of tasks, jobs, services, chores, and eligibility to complete work
- Enable Service Seekers to post a task, job, service, or chore for a Service Provider to then complete
- Offer, process, and facilitate payment for those tasks, jobs, services, or chores, as well as for the Services and Website that Choreseek provides
- Track and share the progress of work complete by Service Providers, and to facilitate communication between Service Seekers and Service Providers
- Enable users to personalize their access to Choreseek’s Services and Website, including identifying and contacting preferred Service Seekers or Service Providers
- Enable users to leave feedback, comments, and reviews of Service Seekers and Service Providers
Choreseek uses personal data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of Choreseek’s Services, the Website, and its users. This may include screening Service Seekers and Service Providers to ensure safe, efficient, and quality workmanship and to ensure adequate provision of services and prompt payment for same. This also includes using personal data to help protect against fraudulent use of the Services and/or the Website.c. Customer Service and Support
Choreseek uses personal data to provide a personalized customer service and support, including investigating and addressing user concerns, and monitoring and improving Choreseek’s customer service.d. Communication Between Users
As part of Choreseek’s Services and use of the Website, it is necessary for Service Seekers and Service Providers to see each other’s personal data including contact information, name, company information, address, certifications, and qualifications. Choreseek also facilitates communication between Services Seekers and Service Providers to ensure the requested job, service, or task is completed.e. Marketing
Choreseek may send communications to users to advise them of promotions, discounts, or specials for Choreseek’s Services and Website. To do so, Choreseek may be required to access, view, and utilize your personal data.f. Legal Proceedings and Disputes
Choreseek may use the personal data it collects to help resolve disputes between Service Seekers and Service Providers. Additionally, Choreseek may disclose personal data between Service Seekers and Service Providers in the event of a dispute to assist one party in pursuing legal action against another. For example, if a Service Provider completes a job, task, service, or chore, and the Service Seeker does not remit payment, we may provide to the Service Provider the personal data of the Service Seeker to assist the Service Provider in bringing a legal action against the Service Provider. In using Choreseek’s Services or the Website, you consent to Choreseek disclosing your personal data for this purpose, as outlined in our Terms of Service, which you can view here: https://c19.choreseek.com/tos
Choreseek will also adhere to all Court Orders from all jurisdictions requiring it to disclose personal data.
Choreseek may use personal data to automate decisions and make recommendations based on past usage of the Service and the Website. For example, if you are utilizing the Service or the Website as a Service Seeker, Choreseek may recommend Service Providers based on your historical choices and needs.h. Business Partners
Choreseek shares personal data with third party business partners when it is necessary to provide Choreseek’s Services and access to the Website. Examples of these business partners include Service Providers, Service Seekers, and third party payment processing services like Stripe.i. Data Sharing and Disclosure
The nature of Choreseek’s Services and Website requires Choreseek to share your personal user data with others at either your request, or the other user’s request. For example, a Service Provider will have to share name, address, contact information, and qualifications/certifications with Service Seekers. Conversely, Service Seekers will have to share similar information with Service Providers to be billed for the job, service, task, or chore provided by the Service Provider.
We may also share data with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes, as outlined in subparagraph 4(f) above.
We may also share personal data with members of the public, including questions, comments, reviews, and ratings of Service Providers or Service Seekers.
5. Cookies and Third-Party Technology
Choreseek utilizes cookies and other third party technology identification tools in Choreseek’s Services and the Website. Cookies are text files that are stored in browser caches or devices. Cookies are utilized for a wide range of reasons, but primarily to authenticate users, remembering user preferences and settings, and analyzing site traffic and patterns to understand how users interact with Choreseek’s Services and the Website.
You are entitled to opt out of Cookies and use of other third party technology, but kindly note that portions of our Services and Website may not function properly if you choose to do so.
6. Data Retention and Deletion of User Data
Choreseek retains user profile, transactions, and other personal data until Choreseek is otherwise advised by the user to delete or remove it. Choreseek may retain other user data to ensure Choreseek complies with all legal requirements for data retention. Users may request deletion of their account at any time by emailing Choreseek at: email@example.com.
Upon receiving a request from a user, Choreseek will delete personal data that is not otherwise required to be retained for regulatory, tax, insurance, litigation, or other legal requirements. In some cases, Choreseek may be unable to delete personal data, such as if there is an outstanding credit or amount due on an account, or if there is an ongoing dispute between users.
Even in the event of deletion of user data, Choreseek may still retain enough information necessary to ensure other user’s safety, security, and fraud prevention. For example, if a user account is deleted for fraud, Choreseek may retain personal data from that account to ensure that same individual or user does not again register and seek to commit further fraud using Choreseek’s Services or Website.
7. Your Rights in our Data Collection
Choreseek only collects and uses personal data where there are one or more lawful grounds for doing so. Choreseek does not collect personal data indiscriminately, or for a purpose unrelated to Choreseek’s normal business operations. Generally speaking, these grounds are as follows:a. To provide you the requested Services and Website
The functionality of Choreseek’s Services and Website is fundamentally tied to collecting and transmitting user data between Service Seekers, Service Providers, and other users. For example, it would be impossible for a Service Provider to complete a service, task, job, or chore without knowing the location in which the Service Seeker wanted said work completed. Similarly, it would be impossible for a Service Provider to remit payment for completion of said work without knowing the name and payment information of the Service Provider.
Consequently, to provide Choreseek’s Services and the Website, Choreseek must collect personal data and information, and thereafter transmit same to other users.
Choreseek must collect and hold on to personal data to maintain and enhance other users’ safety and security. For example, Choreseek must retain personal data to prevent the use of Choreseek’s services by users who have engage in inappropriate, dangerous, or fraudulent activity.
It is also in the best interest of all Service Providers and Service Seekers that Choreseek brings in new users to utilize Choreseek’s Services and Website. Increasing user uptake and expanding the reach of Choreseek’s Services and Website benefits Service Providers and Service Seekers to offer greater selection of jobs, services, tasks, and chores as well as Service Providers to complete that work. Consequently, Choreseek collects and maintains personal user data to complete advertisement campaigns to expand Choreseek’s user base.
Choreseek must collect and use personal data to fulfill a wide range of Choreseek’s legal obligations for tax reporting, insurance, financing obligations, contractual obligations, law enforcement, public health, insurance, litigation and/or any other legal obligation.